Thursday, June 12, 2008

2008

Little Kitten
Elaina's 6th Birthday

This cake was fun to make as it was my first attempt at a 3-d round cake. It is a chocolate cake with funfetti frosting at Elaina's request. Overall it was a pretty easy cake to make. Next time however I will use less frosting and perhaps give the cake some inner supports. Although the taste was not affected gravity started pulling it down a little.

Pink Cowgirl Hat
Alix's 10th Birthday

This cake was desinged and created at Alix's request. The cake itself is chocolate fudge with chocolate whipped frosting (the best I've ever tasted out of a can). The pink fondant did give me some trouble. I tried to make the edges fold up but I don't think I allowed enough drying time. Also I think the fondant was to dry. It was a delicious cake and Alix loved it. Which of course is the most important thing.

No comments: