Saturday, August 6, 2011

Daffodil Cake

I made this cake for a dear friend on her very special day. She loves daffodils and I wanted to give her something beautiful and fun. The bottom tier is white almond sour cream with white chocolate filling.

The middle tier is lemon cake with lemon curd cheesecake filling.

The top tier is chocolate orange cake with chocolate mousse filling...my friend's favorite flavor.

All three tiers are covered in milk chocolate ganache instead of buttercream. This was a first for me and I'm happy with how it turned out.
All the daffodils are made out of a gumpaste/fondant mixture. I was so happy that most of the guest thought they were real or at least silk flowers.

The writing on the back of the cake was a last minute idea....more of a special note for a special family.

1 comment:

Dawn Zorer said...

Thank you Robin for my cake, I LOVED it and so did everyone else and it tasted so yummy. It was so hard to cut it, it was the best cake I have ever seen. Thank you for helping make my family day extra special. Love ya Dawn