Monday, January 24, 2011

2011

Practice Makes Perfect
I'm finally getting some good practice in beside making birthday cakes. My wonderful hubby signed me up for a Wilton Cake Decorating Class. Here is my first project. It's ugly I know. But despite its horrid appearance the insides were delicious: devils food cake with coconut cream filling and vanilla buttercream.
I was asked teach a group of teenagers how to decorate cakes. This is the quick cake I made while attempting to teach them a few basics. Its a butter cream cake with coconut filling and buttery buttercream.For Valentines Day I surprised each of my kids with a 4inch individual cake. These were super fun and easy to make. They are a heavenly carrot cake made with whole wheat and coconut oil, cream cheese filling, vanilla frosting, and homemade marshmallow fondant. They were decorated with left over buttercream from previous cakes.Originally I made these cupcakes for my 3rd Wilton class but the kids pestered me into letting them eat them. So I whipped up some divine cream cheese frosting and practiced my swirly decorating technique. For our 3rd Wilton class we were suppose to decorate cupcakes. Sadly, we didn't find out class was canceled until we got there. So Jacobi and I helped ourselves to the room and practiced our decorating skills on our own. These were a jazzed up butter cake with banana cream filling and vanilla buttercream.

Jungle Safari
Jacen's 3rd Birthday
This cake was a fun to make once I got started. It was a triple chocolate fudge cake with white chocolate mousse. It was covered in Italian butter cream and fondant. The animals were a mixture of fondant and gum paste. For a little boy who LOVES animals this was the perfect cake.A very curious monkey....he had more bananas but the b-day boy gobbled them up.A toothless crocodile...forgot to put his teeth on.







A lazy hippo.A fierce tiger.An adorable elephant.A smiley giraffe.A cuddly lion.

2 comments:

Raymond said...

I think you need to start selling these...and get your own TV show on Food Network!!

Parkay24 said...

That Jungle Safari cake is amazing!