Monday, May 2, 2011

Slurpee Heaven

My baby brother's birthday was this past week and I couldn't pass up an opportunity to make him a special cake. Since he lives so far away we were going to eat the cake and take pictures. Lucky for him Mom and Dad offered to make the delivery.....hope the cake makes it 6 hours in a cooler!The cake is funfetti with my favorite white chocolate mousse filling. Of course it is covered in buttercream and fondant, with a healthy helping of buttercream slurpee!! I put a lot of thought into stability so the cake could travel (7 inch dowel running through the center) but the cake needs some structure work....its slowly becoming the incredible shrinking slurpee. Slurpee's were a favorite of ours growing up. When I left for college a million years ago I owed him several drinks, which I have never made good on, until now!
Happy 30th Birthday Chris!!!

No comments: